Dishwasher - $10.50/hr
Purpose: To efficiently maintain sanitary café operations in compliance with health department and EEFC regulations. To contribute in achieving department goals for sales, margin, labor, and exceptional customer service.
• Follow the Core Values as defined by EEFC's Core Value statement.
• Provide exemplary customer service to both customers and staff.
• Accurately communicate what the Co-op is and the process for becoming a member.
• Familiarity with store layout, products, and services.
• Familiarity and understanding of emergency procedures.
• Stay up to date with current storewide and departmental communications, policies, notices, and logs.
• Abide by Co-op policies as delineated in the Employee Handbook.
• Willingness and ability to learn to meet the changing needs and requirements of the job.
II. Departmental – Maintenance, Sanitation, and Safety
• Wash dishes and utensils following established procedures in compliance with EEFC and health department regulations to ensure exceptional cleanliness.
• Maintain work and sales area in a clean, organized, and safe manner throughout the entire shift.
• Follow all health and safety protocol according to EEFC policies and health code standards.
• Ensure accurate completion of daily cleaning tasks.
• Empty trash, recycling, and compost as needed throughout shift.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Advise Café Manager or Supervisors of equipment repair and replacement needs.
• Advise Café Manager or Supervisors of any supply needs.
• Assist with other maintenance tasks as directed by Supervisors.
III. Departmental - Food Preparation
• Follow storage and labeling procedures in kitchen at all times per EEFC and health department standards.
• Ensure that cross contamination does not occur either with food allergens from dish to dish or unsanitized objects coming in contact with sanitized surfaces or ready to eat foods.
• Pull expired or low-quality items and ensure the loss is accurately recorded.
• Assist kitchen and counter with food preparation as directed by Supervisors.
• Safely use knives and other equipment following EEFC and café policies.
IV. Departmental - Other
• Assist with fronting and facing the grab and go cases as needed throughout shift.
• Align products with shelf tags.
• Actively engage and assist customers in a prompt, friendly, courteous manner and refer them to other staff when necessary.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Must enjoy interacting with and serving the public.
• Must have a friendly and outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and stay calm.
• Professional appearance and behavior.
• Organized and methodical in action.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately and safely.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong work ethic and integrity.
• The ability to be reliable for regular scheduled shift work.
• Willingness to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Interest in natural, organic and vegetarian specialties.
• Effective time management skills.
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet timelines and goals.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
• Ability to understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
• Manual dexterity with hazardous equipment.
• Proper handling and use of knives and other cutting equipment.
• Ability to work in close quarters with other people.
• The ability to handle and touch all different kinds of food.
• The ability to work in a fast paced environment which may include exposure to wet, humid, cold, or hot conditions.
• General mobility requirements include the ability to: stand or walk for several hours at a time; lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and 75 lbs. with assistance using safe lifting techniques; push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds; twist, turn, squat, and bend frequently; reach above and below shoulders; do repetitive motions; hand and wrist mobility including the ability to repetitively grasp objects; visually read fine print; visually read a computer screen for long periods of time; climb a ladder.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 2 years’ experience in a deli, restaurant, or catering business.
• Familiarity with natural foods.