Part Time Graphic Designer - Starting Wage $12.60/hr
To provide excellent conceptualization, design, and visual presentation and production of print and digital marketing and branding materials that create and enhance the Co-op’s image in the community, within the customer base, and within membership.
- Follow the Core Values as defined by EEFC’s Core Value statement.
- Provide exemplary customer service to both customers and staff.
- Accurately communicate what the Co-op is and the process for becoming a member.
- Familiarity with store layout, products, and services.
- Familiarity and understanding of emergency procedures.
- Stay up to date with current storewide and departmental communications, policies, notices, and logs.
- Abide by Co-op policies as delineated in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness and ability to learn to meet the changing needs and requirements of the job.
- Provide well formatted, regularly updated graphic images for the ongoing development of the Co-op's website, social media pages, print publications, and elsewhere.
- Work with vendors as needed to improve proofs, ensure quality of print jobs, troubleshoot technical issues, and maximize visual presentation of all Co-op materials.
- Coordinate with outside agencies as needed to produce content.
- Develop comprehensive and consistent presentation materials of East End Food Co-op's store-wide brand that also compliment promotional materials from National Cooperative Grocers (NCG).
- Maintain East End Food Co-op brand standards.
- Develop user friendly signage templates and instructions for staff that maintain the look and feel of the ongoing store-wide branding initiative.
- Observe and meet all deadlines and provide status updates regularly.
- Shoot high quality photo content and edit to maximize aesthetic appeal.
- Assure consistent quality of appearance between different communication platforms.
- Work with IT Department as needed to resolve technical issues.
- Perform other projects as assigned by the MMS Manager or supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure all safety protocols for IT processes are observed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Graphic arts or marketing degree with strong emphasis in computer graphics or the ability to demonstrate comparable experience in the field of computer graphics.
- At least one years’ experience with graphic design.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Organized with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills. Logical problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and keep track of multiple projects at once.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Proficiency in web design and maintenance.
- The ability to be flexible and incorporate feedback accordingly.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- General mobility requirements include the ability to: do repetitive motions, twist, turn, squat, and bend, sit at a computer for long periods of time, visually read fine print, visually read a computer screen for long periods of time.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years' experience with graphic design.
- Experienced in using the PC operating system and software packages, website development software or other pertinent packages necessary.
- Writing and editing skills.
- Traditional drawing skills.
- Videography skills.
- Experience with social media and digital marketing.
- Experience with magazine design and layout.
- Familiarity with natural foods, cooperatives, and topics such as environmental and nutritional concerns.