Customer Service Representative - $11.00/hr
To be approachable, engaging, and knowledgeable while assisting customers. To provide, prompt, friendly, helpful customer service.
• Follow the Core Values as defined by EEFC’s Core Value statement.
• Provide exemplary customer service to both customers and staff.
• Accurately communicate what the Co-op is and the process for becoming a member.
• Familiarity with store layout, products, and services.
• Familiarity and understanding of emergency procedures.
• Stay up to date with current storewide and departmental communications, policies, notices, and logs.
• Abide by Co-op policies as delineated in the Employee Handbook.
• Willingness and ability to learn to meet the changing needs and requirements of the job.
• Thorough understanding of cashier job description and position. Fill in as a Cashier as schedule requires.
• Answer customer questions or refer to appropriate staff. Help customers find information in co-op reference materials.
• Resolve customer complaints and if necessary contact the supervisor/manager.
• Answer and route phone calls, take messages as needed.
• Explain benefits of membership and sign up new members. Maintain stock of membership materials; make copies as needed.
• Answer questions on member equity status from data kept at CS Desk.
• Sign up customers for co-op sponsored classes or other events.
• Issue credits to customers for returned items. Ensure that returns are properly disposed.
• Transcribe special order request from customer and deliver to the appropriate coordinator.
• Stay current with developments in natural foods by reading articles provided by FEM.
• Call customers when special orders have arrived.
• Liaison with Marketing and Member Services staff to help coordinate for special events.
• Liaison with Marketing and Member Services staff to help coordinate EEFC volunteers.
• Maintain CS Desk systems; update and maintain various information binders. Keep desk well organized for easy transitions between shifts as well as for the sake of a good appearance.
• Read and make appropriate communicative notations in the CS log.
• Complete daily customer service checklist.
• Alert supervisor/manager to suspicious behaviors, disorderly customers or other emergencies.
• Perform other tasks assigned by Front End Manager or the supervisor.
• Attend meetings as scheduled.
• Maintain excellent rapport with all EEFC co-workers.
• Work in all situations to be personable, helpful and co-operative with customers, members and co-workers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Must enjoy interacting with and serving the public.
• Must have a friendly and outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
• Professional appearance and behavior.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and stay calm.
• Ability to take direction and follow a checklist.
• The ability to learn the computer Point of Sale system on the register.
• The ability to be reliable for regular scheduled shift work.
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays.
• Significant cashiering and applicable customer service experience.
• Ability to successfully master the varied and numerous tasks of the Customer Services Desk.
• Good communication skills.
• Organized and methodical in action.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and internet research skills.
• General mobility requirements include the ability to: stand or sit for several hours at a time; lift up to 25 lbs.; twist, turn, squat, and bend; do repetitive motions.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 2 years of experience serving the public.
• Familiarity with natural foods and co-op’s information resources.