Stocker - Full Time - $10.50/hr
To keep displays, coolers, and shelves in the grocery, bulk, refrigerated, and frozen departments clean and fully stocked in a timely manner; to provide prompt, friendly, courteous customer service in a timely manner.
· Follow the Core Values as defined by EEFC's Core Value statement.
· Provide exemplary customer service to both customers and staff.
· Accurately communicate what the Co-op is and the process for becoming a member.
· Familiarity with store layout, products, and services.
· Familiarity and understanding of emergency procedures.
· Stay up to date with current storewide and departmental communications, policies, notices, and logs.
· Abide by Co-op policies as delineated in the Employee Handbook.
· Willingness and ability to learn to meet the changing needs and requirements of the job.
II. Departmental - Stocking
· Stock displays fully without overcrowding. Align product with POS shelf tags, following all POS guidelines.
· Front and face items on shelves.
· Rotate older stock to front of shelf to make space for new stock.
· Pull short-date or low-quality items and follow established procedures for recording and disposing of them.
· Assure items are accurately labeled with signs, PLU, expiration date, and price labels.
· Follow and understand UPC labeling. Report price discrepancies to buyers & POS staff.
· Maintain stocking lists for later shifts. Notify buyers of out-of-stocks.
· Take inventories of department stock as requested.
· Keep back stock organized and properly labeled according to departmental guidelines.
· Follow appropriate safety protocol for stocking and make sure all areas are maintained in a safe manner.
· Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
III. Departmental – Customer Service
· Assist customers with product questions, in prompt, friendly, courteous manner and refer them to other staff when necessary.
· Offer suggestions for purchases and ways to prepare products.
· Have thorough knowledge of the special order process.
· Do cart runs and customer carry outs as requested.
IV. Departmental - Receiving
· Prepare and safely maintain storage areas for incoming deliveries.
· Check deliveries to verify piece count and for damage. Notify buyer and Grocery Receiver of discrepancies.
· Help with unloading and receiving deliveries.
· Sign for deliveries with appropriate adjustments noted on invoice and route invoice to Receiver.
· Rotate overstock into storage as necessary.
· Process special orders per the special order procedure guidelines.
V. Departmental – Department Maintenance
· Keep shelves, coolers, bulk bins, and back stock in clean, orderly condition. Dust and clean shelves and product when stocking.
· Remove trash promptly. Sweep and mop floor.
· Keep departmental equipment in appropriate location and in working order.
· Use equipment safely. Monitor cooler and freezer temperatures. Advise Receiver or Manager of equipment problems.
· Record department shrink promptly and accurately.
· Participate in periodic inventory counts.
· Do replacement ordering as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· General mobility requirements include the ability to: stand or sit for several hours at a time; lift up to 50 lbs. alone on a regular basis and 75 lbs. with assistance using safe lifting techniques; twist, turn, squat, and bend; do repetitive motions; visually read fine print; visually read a computer screen for long periods of time; climb a ladder.
· Able to produce quality work within the established deadlines.
· Retail or other experience serving the public.
· Familiarity with natural foods.
· Must enjoy interacting with and serving the public.
· Must have a friendly and outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
· Ability to handle multiple demands and stay calm.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Organized and methodical in action.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent trouble shooting skills. Logical problem solving skills.
· Conflict resolution skills.
· The ability to be reliable for regular scheduled shift work.
· The ability to work a flexible schedule.
· Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Having experience and thorough knowledge of natural foods.
· Experience with digital receiving methods.
· Experience with food cooperatives.
· Familiarity with organic and non-GMO products.
· Previous receiving experience.