Cashier - Part Time and Full Time - $11.00/hr
The purpose of this position is to be approachable, engaging, and knowledgeable while assisting customers. To check out customer purchases and meet objectives for consistency and accuracy. To provide prompt, friendly, courteous customer service.
Brief description of job responsibilities:
• Proactively greet customers by smiling and making eye contact with them.
• Determine membership status of customer.
• Check out customer purchases quickly and accurately.
• Accurately collect payment and count change back to customer.
• Bag customer purchases as needed and ask customers if they need assistance.
• Read general flyers and do daily produce walks to stay updated with products, prices, sales, and changes.
• Refer unresolved questions, problems and feedback to Customer Service Desk, supervisor/manager or other appropriate staff.
• Maintain register and bagging supplies.
• Explain benefits and privileges of membership program.
• Inform customers of specials, community donation programs, membership meetings or other upcoming events.
• Maintain Front End checklist area and equipment in clean, orderly condition.
• Complete daily cashier checklist.
• Provide additional support and be proactive in seeking out or asking for tasks to be completed that day.
• Alert supervisor/manager of suspicious behaviors, disorderly customers or other emergencies.
• Must enjoy interacting with and serving the public.
• Must have a friendly and outgoing personality and a positive attitude.
• Good communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and stay calm.
• The ability to learn the computer Point of Sale system on the register.
• The ability to be reliable for regular scheduled shift work.
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays.
• Organized and methodical in action.
• General mobility requirements include the ability to: stand or sit for several hours at a time; lift up to 25 lbs.; twist, turn, squat, and bend; do repetitive motions.**